Event Volunteers was established by Fingal Volunteer Centre to assist event organisers to deliver more effective Volunteer Programmes.
Fingal Volunteer Centre for events in Fingal and Volunteer Ireland for events outside of Fingal provide a complete programme that includes: volunteer policy development, recruitment and selection, orientation and training, managing volunteers on site and recognition events.
Taking away the Volunteer Management task from Event Organisers allows you to concentrate on event management while we manage the volunteers and we manage the communication between Event Control and the Volunteers.
We see that volunteer management is one of those specialised areas that is so important to events but very time consuming and often sees a high staff turnover, therefore requiring extensive staff supervision for volunteer coordinators. We are also building a long-term community for volunteers which offers them a place to get together and volunteer at different events from within the one database. Please be aware that Volunteer roles are not a replacement for security roles at an event.
Can you imagine
- not having to start a volunteer programme from scratch
- an event without the hassle of finding volunteers
- not having to recruit and train a volunteer coordinator
- working with people who know the volunteers and the tasks and roles best suited to them
- dealing with a team that has done that many times before and are professionals in the field of volunteer Management
- a group of engaged volunteers without so much hard work
- what you could do with the extra time not having to worry about managing volunteers
Have you ever thought about the benefits of engaging volunteers at your event? Volunteers are involved and motivated because they really want to be at the event which we believe results in:
- Deeper community engagement
- A more personal approach to customer service
- Skill development for volunteers
- Your event giving back to community
- Better event outcomes and most of the time saving costs
- Better engagement of volunteers
What we can provide:
- Critically analysing and planning volunteer numbers, tasks, role descriptions and team leader requirements
- Volunteer Screening and selection
- Volunteer Recruitment using the latest Volunteer Management software
- Volunteer Orientation, Training and Briefing sessions
- All communication with volunteers.
- Development of the Volunteer Handbook and Policy in consultation with the Event Organisers
- Volunteer scheduling including skills screening and allocations
At the event
- We manage Volunteers on site being the one point of contact for event organisers
- Working closely with and supporting the event control
- On the ground feedback from volunteers in relation to onsite issues
- Long-term focus on Volunteer Retention & Quality
- Volunteer Evaluation
- Volunteer Programme Report
- Volunteer Recognition
Our volunteer management expertise
Our staff team have managed teams of volunteers in a broad range of settings and programmes:
- Scouting Ireland at Electric Picnic 2007
- Jamboree 2008 for Scouting Ireland
- Depaul Ireland at Electric Picnic 2009
- Dublin Tall Ships Festival 2012
- NYE Dublin 2013
- Malahide’s UberFest 2013
- Medieval Mayhem 2013
- Strawberry Fair 2013
- World Police & Fire Games, Belfast 2013 (with Volunteer Now)
- Fingal Festival of Footbal 2013
- RSA Challenge One Day Cricket International Ireland V. England
- Flavours of Fingal County Show 2013
- CASA Breakhouse Makeover, as part of At Your Service RTÉ One television programme
- Fingal Primary Schools Athletics League 2013 / 2014
In addition we have trained both volunteers and event management staff for these events.
Our Event Volunteers staff team are currently working on and with these upcoming events:
- A full programme of events with Fingal County Council.
- Giro d'Italia cycle race, stages based in Fingal County.
- Tour de France (UK Stages) 2014