Volunteer Ireland is delighted to announce that an international fleet of Tall Ships will stop over in Dublin as part of a Tall Ships Regatta 2018 race series, and we look forward to managing the volunteer programme for this event.
A Dublin welcome for the international crews
The ships will arrive in Dublin from Liverpool on Friday 1st June, departing on Monday the 4th June for Bordeaux. We will welcome the crews, and help them to experience the cultural events that the city has to offer.
The Tall Ships Regatta 2018 is a smaller event than previous Tall Ships Race events that have previously visited Ireland.
We are now recruiting Event Volunteers
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, safety conscious Event Volunteers to be ambassadors for the Tall Ships Regatta when it comes to Dublin from Friday 1 June to Monday 4 June 2018.
Volunteers will play a vital role in supporting the event. Volunteers are crucial to the operations of the event, welcoming the ships crews and trainees and the atmosphere for everyone on the day. Volunteers will be provided with refreshments during their shift, a certificate of participation and will be supported by a team of Volunteer Managers.
Volunteer Training is mandatory for all volunteers at the event. Volunteers must attend one of training sessions which includes a site walk on either Saturday 19 May 10:00 to 13:30 or Tuesday 29 May 18:00 to 21:30.
The Volunteer Training venue is the Dublin Docklands Office, Dublin City Council, 1 Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, D01 KF84. Volunteers will be provided with resource materials, a volunteer workbook and volunteer handbook.
Register now online to apply to volunteer with The Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018.
Volunteer Applications close on Friday 25 May 2018 or as soon as volunteer places are filled. Applicants for these roles must be aged 18.
Why should you volunteer with Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018?
- It’s a great way to enjoy the summer and meet new people
- It’s an opportunity to meet the international crews and trainees Volunteer Management by Volunteer Programme Manager and Volunteer Team Leaders
- All volunteers provided with the Volunteer Policy and Volunteer Handbooks.
- Volunteering can be a good asset to your CV.
- We provide you with a certificate of participation as a record that you volunteered with us.
- Gain experience in event volunteering and an insight into how large scale outdoor events are managed
- Consider inviting friends and family to join you.
- Not only does this help us to find the volunteers that we need but it adds to the atmosphere of the event and fun of those involved.
The Tall Ships Regatta Volunteer Programme is brought you by Volunteer Ireland. The Tall Ships Regatta 2018 is an International event organised by Sail Training International. The event in Dublin is hosted by Dublin City Council in partnership with Dublin Port Company and is supported by Waterways Ireland, North East Inner City Taoiseach’s Taskforce and Sail Training Ireland.